Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the milk, honey, melted butter or coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
These whole wheat blueberry muffins are a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack option. The whole wheat flour adds extra fiber to the muffins, and the honey and milk provide natural sweetness. The blueberries add a burst of flavor and provide a boost of antioxidants. These muffins are moist and tender, with a slightly crunchy top. They are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go or an afternoon pick-me-up.