Apple Strudel Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped apples (peeled and cored)
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 of the way full.
- To make the streusel topping, mix together the flour and sugar in a small bowl. Add the cold butter pieces and use a fork or your fingers to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the muffin batter.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious apple strudel muffins! These muffins are moist and tender, with a perfectly spiced apple filling and a crunchy streusel topping. They make a great breakfast or snack and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.