Sourdough double chocolate muffins are a delicious and decadent treat that will satisfy any chocolate lover’s cravings. The tangy flavor of the sourdough starter pairs perfectly with the rich chocolate flavor of the muffins, making them irresistible. This recipe is easy to follow and will guide you through the process of making your own batch of delicious sourdough double chocolate muffins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and sourdough starter.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the batter is well combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The sourdough starter used in this recipe will give a tangy and slightly fermented taste which will complement the rich chocolate flavor of the muffins. The whole wheat flour will provide a nice nutty flavor to the muffins making it even more delicious. The chocolate chips will give a burst of rich chocolate flavor in every bite. Enjoy your homemade Sourdough double chocolate muffins as breakfast, snack or even as a dessert.