- 1 cup sourdough starter, active and bubbly
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and grease a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the sourdough starter, milk, melted butter, and egg until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin, filling each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are tender and moist on the inside, with a slightly crispy and golden exterior. They have a subtle sourdough flavor and a nice cornbread taste, thanks to the cornmeal. They are perfect for breakfast or as a snack, and they are easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. Enjoy!