Sourdough French ToastCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp sugar
10-12 slices stale sourdough bread
- Measure flour into a bowl. Add the milk slowly while whisking. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a buttered griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, start soaking your bread, first on one side than the next until saturated.
- Cook bread on either side until golden brown.
- Serve with real maple syrup and berries if desired and enjoy!
- In between bread soaks, give the egg mixture a little whisk so cinnamon doesn’t all settle on the top.