Classic Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Stir in the milk until the batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, trying not to overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your classic blueberry muffins warm, straight out of the oven, or at room temperature. The tender, moist crumb is studded with juicy blueberries in every bite, and the sweet cinnamon sugar topping adds a delightful crunch. These muffins are the perfect breakfast or snack treat, and they’re sure to be a hit with the whole family.