Blueberry Lemon Sourdough Loaves
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 cups sourdough starter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sourdough starter, milk, eggs, melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add in the flour, mixing until a smooth dough forms.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Divide the dough evenly into two greased loaf pans.
- Cover the pans with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush the top of the loaves with lemon juice and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
These Blueberry Lemon Sourdough Loaves are a delicious twist on traditional sourdough bread. The combination of sweet blueberries and tangy lemon makes for a unique and flavorful bread that is perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. The sourdough starter adds depth and complexity to the flavor, while the butter and eggs give the bread a rich and tender texture. Enjoy this bread warm, with a pat of butter and a cup of tea.